The primary goal of Boys and Girls Country is to provide a home for children from families in crisis and to ensure their care, welfare, safety and security. In addition to furnishing their basic needs, our program works with each child toward two important objectives. First, each child is able to build relationships, acquire responsibilities, and grow and develop within the context of a stable, structured and loving home environment. Second, every child sets and achieves realistic short- and long-term goals with essential behavioral health support and remedial academic tutoring. You can see our full evaluation plan here.
These metrics are used together to evaluate progress toward attaining individual goals and objectives. In 2017:
- Boys and Girls Country was home to 124 children and young adults.
- Six students graduated from high school.
- Four students were in dual-credit courses.
- Eight students in 2 or 4 year college.
- One student in military.
- Tutors helped our students maintain close to an average campus-wide GPA of 3.4.
- One college graduate in 2017.
- 28 young adults lived on College and Career campus.
- 28 alumni received help from BGC.
- 1, 327 individual counselling sessions were held.
For more outcomes read our 2017 Annual Report.