The primary goal of Boys and Girls Country is to provide a home for children from families in crisis and to ensure their care, welfare, safety and security. In addition to furnishing their basic needs, our program works with each child toward two important objectives. First, each child is able to build relationships, acquire responsibilities, and grow and develop within the context of a stable, structured and loving home environment. Second, every child sets and achieves realistic short- and long-term goals with essential behavioral health support and remedial academic tutoring. You can see our full evaluation plan here.
These metrics are used together to evaluate progress toward attaining individual goals and objectives. In 2018:
- Boys and Girls Country was home to 105 children and young adults.
- Six students graduated from high school.
- 3 kids were in trade school.
- One college graduate in 2017.
- 17 kids participated in 4H.
- 13 young adults lived on College and Career campus.
- 895 individual counselling sessions were held.
*Figures presented above are calculated based on nine months. Please see our 2018 Annual Report for more information.