> Boys and Girls Country of Houston Welcome > About Us > Key Accomplishments of 2011Key Accomplishments of 2011
- Celebrated 40 years of raising children
- Kept our program 98% full, a new record
- Set a record for the highest ever campus GPA (3.3 in 2011)
- Set a record for the highest college GPA (3.24 in 2011)
- Fielded 1,129 requests for intake, a new record
- Provided over 50 hours of clinical counseling per week
- Celebrated 7 high school graduates, for a total of 85 high school graduates since 1997
- Graduated one young man from Texas Tech University, bringing our total college and trade school graduates up to 16 since 1997
- Received a grant from the Hogg Foundation for Mental Health for a series of trainings for program staff on children’s mental health, training for program managers, and a training for children on coping skills
- Served more than 100 children and young adults every day between both campuses
- Began development of an evaluation matrix which will be implemented on a trial basis in 2012, with full utilization of the tool by 2013
- Featured in two news stories by the local Fox affiliate – one about our program in general and a second story about our German volunteers
- Set a record for being 100% fully staffed
- Record low teaching parent turnover for the 2011-2012 school year at 7%
- Six staff are Licensed Child Care Administrators
Financial Resources and Fundraising
- Spring Festival set a new record for raising money ($673,954)
- The Heritage Award Dinner grossed $1.76M, in a donation economy that was “down” 4%.
- Revenues in 2011 were 4% over budget
- Completed fundraising for our Growing for the Future capital campaign
- Earned 59% over budget in ranch revenue, due to cattle sales from our ranch breeding program and the sale of excess donated livestock from area livestock shows.
- Added an element of excitement to the Heritage Award Dinner with an electronic Big Board Auction, driving bids to a record high.
- 100% of our Board Directors give financially and donate their time in support of our Home and our children.
- Offered more technology opportunities for Directors and donors than ever before.
- Online giving grew by 56%.
- Increased utilization of social media with 970+ fans on Facebook and 36 followers on Twitter.
- Completed many capital campaign projects:
o Construction of three new playgrounds and an outdoor fitness center
o Installation of half-court outdoor basketball courts
o Installation of new campus security lighting
o Construction of storage units for bicycles and play equipment
o Conversion of an outdoor pavilion into storage units for teaching parents
o Campus irrigation and landscaping
o Purchase of land bordering campus to ensure long-term security of the campus
- Ranch currently has 65 cows and 2 herd bulls.
In addition to the accomplishments listed here, many more amazing things happened for our kids...things that can't be measured. "Karly" saw her first shooting star at 11 years old..."Grant" slept in a warm bed every night, rather than on the floor..."Donny" made all As and Bs for the first time, leading him to exclaim, "I didn't know I was smart!" These every-day miracles and big achievements are only possible because of the support that we receive from our friends in the community. Thank you for helping us meet our mission and change the lives of children every single day.